Jane has many years experience in painting using traditional materials and more recently encaustic techniques. She lives in the Dartmoor National Park where she has her studio and runs workshops.
Her recent work uses a subtractive method derived from mono printing, where she explores a narrative beyond what is on the surface and develops personal and emotional responses to the natural environment. Recognising that so much of our busy lives are dominated by digital communication and social media, where there is no respite for the soul to daydream, Jane's work seeks to create a mindful and contemplative space for the viewer to emerge into consciousness.
Jane graduated in 2017 from Plymouth College of Art with a first class BA(Hons) Degree in Painting, Drawing and Print Making and was awarded the Emerging Artist Award from Devon Artist Network for excellence in painting.
Exhibitions and Shows
- Nov 10, 2017 – Jan 20, 2018 Artmill Christmas Show
- Nov 9, 2017 – Nov 12, 2017 Degree Show + London
- Sep 21, 2017 – Sep 24, 2017 Tent London Design Fair
- Sep 9, 2017 – Sep 24, 2017 Devon Open Studios
- Jun 9, 2017 – Jun 22, 2017 Uncommon Ground - Degree Show
- Apr 7, 2017 – Apr 9, 2017 Breaking Surface
- Feb 15, 2017 – Mar 28, 2017 Final Year Degree Show: Fundraising