Jane Pine is a professional artist who lives within the Dartmoor National Park where she has her studio. She graduated as a mature student from Plymouth College of Art in 2017 with a first class BA(HONS) Degree in Painting, Drawing and Printmaking.
Having lived in a number of places in the UK and abroad, including Oman, Holland and America, her work has been strongly affected by where she has lived and the people, places and cultural influences found there. She has always used her personal and emotional responses to everyday experiences to explore landscape, the human form, and still life themes. Having painted for many years using traditional materials and more recently encaustic, she has now developed a subtractive method of painting in oils derived from mono-printing. Her work has a narrative beyond what is on the surface and explore themes relating to how time, no matter how short, can change what we see and influence how we feel.
In June 2017 Jane won the Emerging Artist Award from Devon Artist Network for excellence in painting and has subsequently exhibited in the South West and London.
Exhibitions and Shows
- Nov 10, 2017 – Jan 20, 2018 Artmill Christmas Show
- Nov 9, 2017 – Nov 12, 2017 Degree Show + London
- Sep 21, 2017 – Sep 24, 2017 Tent London Design Fair
- Sep 9, 2017 – Sep 24, 2017 Devon Open Studios
- Jun 9, 2017 – Jun 22, 2017 Uncommon Ground - Degree Show
- Apr 7, 2017 – Apr 9, 2017 Breaking Surface
- Feb 15, 2017 – Mar 28, 2017 Final Year Degree Show: Fundraising